Sikhumbuzo Eric Kholwane, Mr (MPL)
Date of birth: 24 September 1972
Member of the Executive Council for Finance, Economic Development and Tourism (since 30 May 2014)
- Member of the African National Congress
- Member of Central Executive Committee of the South African Communist Party
- Provincial Chairperson of SACP
Previous positions held
Hon SE Kholwane served as a Member of Parliament from 2004 - 2014. During this time he became:
- Chairperson of Portfolio Committee on Communications
- Member of Portfolio Committee on Communications
- Member of Portfolio Committee on Safety and Security
The former student activist during the early years of his participation in the struggle for freedom, Hon SE Kholwane also served in
- The Provincial Executive Committee of the SACP.
- The African National Congress as REC Ex-Officio member of ANC Bohlabela; member of Political Education Sub-Committee; Convener of Caucus: Administration, Finance & ICT Unit and ANC Branch Secretary.
He also participated and led the worker's struggle in various capacities such as:
- NEHAWU Provincial Secretary;
- NEHAWU Regional Secretary, and
- NEHAWU Branch Secretary.
Academically, Hon Kholwane has a Nursing Diploma (Mpumalanga Nursing College); LLB (University of South Africa); Advanced Diploma in Human Resource and Advanced Diploma in International Economics (University of the Western Cape).